Moonwood Branch branches are from a wild portal tree from under the light of the solstice moon within the the sprite’s birthing grove.
Most feywild portals are bound and stabilized by elves so they don’t wax and wane like the old stories suggest and prevent time dilation. Portal trees are increasingly rare. The binding process makes them much more explosive when destroyed. Their magical properties allow things to phase in and out of your current base plane.
Artificers in next town PCs enter:
- I can make the lightest armor with this. It’ll be so sweet! And it’ll have some sort of magic effect? I’m not sure what. It’s inherent in the material. You just have enough for a helmet, though if you want to give me another branch I could make a set of gauntlets. [Makes Helmet of moonwood, 2+ AC but roll a d6 on attack and if it’s a 1 it becomes incorporeal and grants -5 AC]
- If I make a bow with this, you will be able to shoot incorporeal arrows that appear as if magically in the target. [Bow of moonwood. Counts as a magic weapon. Fired arrows are incorporeal till they hit your target. You may shoot through partial cover as if it were none. You may shoot through full cover as if you were blind and it weren’t there. Arrows do 1d3 additional damage]
I could carve you a bird! Or a squirrel! You could set it down and it would be intangible until you picked it up again! No one could steal it then! You could use it to freak people out! Wait, what if it was an octopus!
- [8x Moonwood nicknac. When you set it down, if you so choose, carving becomes intangible but visible. When you attempt to pic it up roll a d6. If you roll a 5 or higher pick it up. If you roll a 1 it then remains intangible. Forever.]
I could make you an incorporeal knife that can slip through armor. It’d made of wood tho. My master could meld the wood to metal, but he lives elsewhere. I could also make you 8 darts, but you’d have a 50% chance of losing them each time you threw them.
- [dagger of moonwood: Counts as a magic weapon. roll a d6 on attack. With a 5 or greater ignore armor. Breaks on critical miss]
- [Moonwood dart: Counts as a magic weapon. Roll a d6 on attack. With a 5 or greater ignore armor]
Master Armorer (must be found in feywild):
- [Moonwood imbued Rapier: Counts as a magic weapon. Roll a d6 on attack. With a 5 or greater ignore armor]
- [3x Moonwood imbued Daggers: Counts as a magic weapon. Roll a d6 on attack. With a 5 or greater ignore armor.]